- Aug082022The Svelte Shop
When it comes to Body decoration, Bindis are visually the most fascinating form of body jewellery. Recently, bindis are used to make a Boho style statement around the world.
Many celebrities and regular festival goers including Selena Gomez, Kylie Jenner, Kendal Jenner and Vanessa Hudgens have embraced bindis as a bohemian fashion statement.
To get your perfect boho look for any occasion, pair up beautiful crystal and festival bindis with Hippie / Boho Clothing such as a boho maxi dress along with those gorgeous fringe boots, flower crowns, boho jewellery, boho bags and the list goes on.
Bindi as a body jewellery makes a bohemian style statement when used between the forehead or on the corner of your eyes or along the eye brows.
Traditional and Spiritual meaning of Bindi
Bindi word comes from a Sanskrit word called Bindu, meaning a small dot which is worn by Hindu women in many parts of India.
A traditional Indian bindi is a red/maroon dot worn on the centre of the forehead. Since ancient times this spot is considered a major nerve point in human body. It symbolizes female energy and is believed to protect women and their husbands. It still represents and preserves the symbolic significance that is integrated into Indian mythology.
There is also a spiritual significance attached to Bindi. The area between the eyebrows (where the bindi is placed) is said to be the sixth chakra (Ajna Chakra) which is believed to retain energy and strengthen concentration, representing the third eye. Also, it is the round dot around which the mandala is created, representing the universe.
GET NEW POSTS STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX
- Apr212022The Svelte Shop
Coachella is marked as a trendsetter in music and boho fashion. If you are thinking that Coachella is all about music and art.. then wait!! There is much more to it. And whats that? Holy Hippie!! Enormous bohemian styles, free spirited attitude and boho chic looks! Its all about the present generation meeting the 60’s and the 70’s boho magic. Where All the celebs, artists, musicians, star kids meet at one place, enjoy the music, click selfies, party hard and most importantly look STUNNING, like never before!
Many boho chic essentials were spotted at Coachella, including round hippie glasses, bindis, tattoos, boho necklaces, flower crowns and yes those gorgeous fringe bags & boots.
“The Boho Gang” Brazilian model and Actress Alessandra Ambrosio sipping coconut water. Spotted with besties.
American fashion model, Gigi Hadid looks stunning in her Boho Avatar. The crystal bindis and the arrow necklace steal the show.
Socialite Paris Hilton in her free spirit mode. The side braid adds a pop of boho glamour in her overall look.
“Blame it on my gypsy soul” American Actress and Singer, Vanessa Hudgens in her ethnic look. Off shoulder mirror work printed top is all we need.
Positive Vibes Only! Katy Perry sharing a fun moment with friend.. Tribal inspired, pink spiral earrings look cute.
Boho Chics in Black! American television personalities and real life sisters, Kendall and Kylie Jenner spotted wearing lace dress, bindis, flower crown and boho coin necklace.
- Feb112022The Svelte ShopMandala Art is a spiritual symbol and is commonly used as a form of meditation. Mandala designs are visually appealing and each design has its own unique meaning.No wonder we are truly inspired by Mandala, a rare beauty of art which means a circle and represents the Universe.The meaning of Mandala originates from Sanskrit and the term mandala appears in a sacred text called Rigveda, an ancient Indian collection of Vedic Sanskrit hymns.The basic form of most mandalas is a square with four gates containing a circle with a center point.Most of the times, Mandalas are used for focusing one’s attention for meditation and trance induction.
8 Colors to choose from for your next mandala art and drawing:Coloring a Mandala of your own is also a form of meditation. The internet has plenty of designs and mandala drawings to choose from.
RED: Energy and Passion
ORANGE: Creativity and Transformation
YELLOW: Laughter and Happiness
GREEN: Nature and Caring
PURPLE: All Things Spiritual
BLUE: Inner Peace
WHITE: Spiritual Focus
BLACK: Mystery and Deep Thinking
How to use Mandala Patterns for Meditation:
Every observer experiences different feelings. However, meditating with the mandala leaves the observer calm and relaxed, and intention that was set before the meditation is clear and resolved.
- Set an intention and accordingly select a colour and a Mandala design that appeals you
- Play a relaxing meditation music or just play the peace mantra: Om chanting
- Focus and mesmerize in the lovely designs, the art and allow your mind to wander
- Concentrate and gaze into the colours and the patterns
- As you begin to fall into the magic of mandala, experience a feeling of lightness, positivity and good vibes
GET NEW POSTS STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX